Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB500/550 => Topic started by: toucheturtle on December 02, 2011, 04:54:51 PM

Title: Seat trim
Post by: toucheturtle on December 02, 2011, 04:54:51 PM
Hi, I know this is a pretty long shot but has anyone willing to sell a spare chrome effect trim for the CB500 seat and as importantly the two chrome trim ends which fit either side at the tank end. I've managed to buy a fairly decent seat but the trim is a bit tired and the seller took the two end fittings off before selling it.
Title: Re: Seat trim
Post by: Bryanj on December 03, 2011, 08:13:05 AM
I don't think it is seperate from the seat cover on an original seat mate
Title: Re: Seat trim
Post by: toucheturtle on December 03, 2011, 01:24:45 PM
I hope it is as I've just paid through the nose for this stuff;-

  http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HONDA-STYLE-SADDLE-SEAT-TRIM-CHROME-/330376318107?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item4cebf68c9b (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HONDA-STYLE-SADDLE-SEAT-TRIM-CHROME-/330376318107?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item4cebf68c9b)

I've had a look at it and it looks like it will pull off. I just need the two small chrome end pieces now.
Title: Re: Seat trim
Post by: Bryanj on December 04, 2011, 07:36:51 AM
That looks like it will replicate the original well but from the seats i have taken apart the trim was part of the cover
Title: Re: Seat trim
Post by: toucheturtle on December 04, 2011, 06:41:46 PM
I had a closer look today and you're right, have had to buy a replacement seat cover as well, am gutted as actual seat covering is in good condition but the trim bit is knackered. Managed to pick up one trim end fastener, just need the other one now.
Title: Re: Seat trim
Post by: florence on December 04, 2011, 08:21:43 PM
It drives me mad to think about the stuff like this that I threw away about fifteen years ago when I was short of space.  I also threw away the silver trim which goes around the petrol tank because I thought it was too fiddly and annoying to put back on.  Arrghh, what a fool...