Honda-SOHC
SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB750 => Topic started by: Galea on December 06, 2011, 06:38:13 PM
-
Are there any external differences between a CB750 F1 and F2 cylinder head, apart from the black paint and different carburettors, which make identification possible with the assembled engine still in the bike? I am quite wary of the bad reputation of the F2 head regarding the accelerated exhaust valve guide wear.
-
Top fin, intake side, next to #3 - look for "410". That would indicate a F2/F3. If you see "392" then it's a F/F1 or K7/K8. Neither then it's a K0-K6 in all likelihood.
-
Rumour has it the F2 head also has "Cadburys" marked on it too.
-
That'll be "Kraft" then...
-
Are there any identifying marks on the barrels (block) as well? Just wondered as I have a set of barrels that I believe are from a later K bike (judging by the oil seal holes on top).
-
Thanks Jerry, much appreciated.