Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB350/400 => Topic started by: Beemer634 on December 12, 2011, 10:02:56 PM

Title: 400/4 Seat
Post by: Beemer634 on December 12, 2011, 10:02:56 PM
Hi,

I am about to commence the refurb of a 400/4 that has been sat at the back of my garage for several years, not too much work required but I will be replacing the seat that is fitted, providing I can find a decent replacement. It has a considerably lower front than the rear, I guess for those with shorter legs!

Is there much interest out there for such a seat? I have never seen one advertised anywhere before.

Rick
Title: Re: 400/4 Seat
Post by: Dan on January 08, 2012, 06:59:40 PM
Hi Rick,
Will you be fitting an original seat or something different? I have an original seat in good condition (no rust underneath, but a small tear under the pillion strap) if you are interested.
Title: Re: 400/4 Seat
Post by: Beemer634 on January 16, 2012, 02:43:50 PM
PM sent to Dan.
Title: Re: 400/4 Seat
Post by: buxtonmick on January 17, 2012, 10:56:07 AM
Dan, if your seat doesn't suit Beemer I would be interested,  8)

Cheers, Mick.
Title: Re: 400/4 Seat
Post by: Dan on January 18, 2012, 09:12:59 PM
I am going to send some pics to Beemer. If it isn't what he is after then I will post them on the site and you can make me an offer. I'm not after a Kings ransom - I just don't need the seat  :)
Title: Re: 400/4 Seat
Post by: Dan on January 21, 2012, 04:24:51 PM
Hi,

Sorry, my email is playing up so have had to put pics straight on here.  Beemer634 has first refusal, then Mick.  PM me an offer, I guess postage would be around a tenner. 

Tear as shown in pic plus a few marks along bottom edge either side.  No hinge or seat lock plunger but screws for both are present.

Dan