Honda-SOHC
SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB750 => Topic started by: bobthebuilder on December 27, 2011, 11:04:34 AM
-
Hi. Guys,
Have to move one of the bikes outside over winter, need room in the garage, anyone tried vaseline on alloy, or any better tips to stop the alloy from pitting and corroding, damp had got to it already after hours of cleaning. :'(
Cheers Jock.
-
I used vaseline in the old days on a Suzuki and it worked fine. Washed off with parrafin after the winter. I guess any grease that is waterproof will do the trick.
These days the bike goes in a Vac Bag. You could use one of those, but cover it up to offer some more protection.
hth
Seamus
-
ACF-50 is superb, do a google search on it , i use it on all my bikes and swear by it
Pete
-
ACF-50 is superb, do a google search on it , i use it on all my bikes and swear by it
Pete
+ 1 ;D
http://www.acf-50.co.uk/motorcycle.htm (http://www.acf-50.co.uk/motorcycle.htm)
-
Had seen this advertised and getting good reports, would you recommend spray or the pump action bottle for best results.
Cheers Jock.
-
Had seen this advertised and getting good reports, would you recommend spray or the pump action bottle for best results.
Cheers Jock.
I buy the spray cans.
They're best if warmed slightly and shake vigorously just before spraying. Spray on to a cloth for wiping on areas where you need to be careful and keep well away from brakes and disks.
-
Thanks All,
Next question where is best and cheapest place to get it.
Cheers Jock.
-
Here ya go Jock http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ACF-50-ANTI-CORROSION-SCOOTER-SPRAY-PROTECTION-ACF50-/280774068482
Pete
-
Thanks Pete,
Ordered many thanks,
Cheers Jock.
-
I got some today as well it goes on very well hope it stops the alloy pitting when I put it "To Bed" for next winter
Amos