Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB350/400 => Topic started by: sanders on January 05, 2012, 07:31:12 PM

Title: rear hub bushes
Post by: sanders on January 05, 2012, 07:31:12 PM
hi everyone and a happy new year,has anyone had anything to do with the removal of the four rubber bushes pressed into the rear hub,is it a diy or specialist job to change them.  Paul
Title: Re: rear hub bushes
Post by: kent400 on January 05, 2012, 11:25:36 PM
Well it's not easy but what I did was to heat to red hot a piece of round steel stock that fitted between the two steel inserts and pushed it into the rubber. Effectively burning the rubber, took a while as you might imagine. Once the rubber is destroyed the centre will come out. To remove the sleeve that remained in the hub I cut it with a hacksaw blade until I was able to close it up enough to remove it. Seem to recall it took me all morning and I stunk the place out! No doubt there's an easier way but removing this type of bush from a blind hole is never going to be easy. I did hear of someone using a milling machine to cut the blighters out but that involved removing the rim. If it's any consolation they are easy to refit!
Title: Re: rear hub bushes
Post by: steven400/4 on January 07, 2012, 08:55:41 PM
hi peter.    i set rubber on fire then use,d a screwdriver to clean rubber out then knocked a braddle down the outside of the bush just kept bendding it in till it fell out and yes it will take the morning todo lol copper slip new one and put it in vice and push it in