Honda-SOHC
SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB750 => Topic started by: bluemouse1006 on January 12, 2012, 04:21:38 PM
-
Hi
can any one give me some advice I have a 1975 K with a F2 front end, the front falks are quite soft I seem to be able to push them down quite easily I have changed the falk seals and replenished the oil,I was told that Medium oil should be used to refill them with 10 viscosity 155CC s of it .. the manual stated 10/30 Castrol TQF which from memory is car PAS fluid and auto gearbox oil ..
any advice greatly received
I haven't ridden it on the road yet so it might just be like that normally but Im sure my previous bikes were not as soft..
Thanks again
Amos ;D
-
They are not particulaly stiff for springing and damping in their original form, would be described as "comfortable" nowadays.
10 grade oil is a very good start point (10/30 rate is going to be all but the same overa temp range anyway) and you probably won't find any real reason to change from that as current thinking seems to indicate, so I'd give it a try as you've got it to get a better feel for what it's like to use.
-
Thanks Ill have a go just wondered if any normal problems with them before I leave it and go onto the other bits and bobs that need doing.
Thanks again
Amos ;D