Honda-SOHC
SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB750 => Topic started by: joeleeman on February 07, 2012, 08:32:52 PM
-
How small a battery can you run if you use kick only? Just an a/h rating would be handy then I can just work around that
Cheers
-
It might come down to how good your regulator is, a small battery may tend to boil. I use a 9 amp hour on my 500/4 without any issues
-
I was gonna go for a reg/rec combo. Say a brand new unit. So 9 ah will run all other electrics?
-
Its not really that the 9 amp hour is running the other electrics, more your alternator is running the electrics. The battery acts as a cushion/storage system, heavy draw on a battery is normally when everything is working at once and your alternator can't cope, IE when pulling up at a junction at night, lights on, indicators on, brake light on, but this is only at small times.
I don't have indicators on my 500/4 so can't comment on their effectiveness with the 9 AH