Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB500/550 => Topic started by: lordwhimsey on February 14, 2012, 10:59:11 AM

Title: Brake pedal spindle
Post by: lordwhimsey on February 14, 2012, 10:59:11 AM
My 550k3 brake pedal spindle is 105mm long; can anyone tell me if the spindle on an 550f is shorter, longer or the same length? I'm having some rearset clearance issues!

(http://i894.photobucket.com/albums/ac149/lordwhimsey/4824960270_b3a1b0d5de.jpg)
Title: Re: Brake pedal spindle
Post by: lordwhimsey on February 14, 2012, 01:56:13 PM
I'm going to get a K1 spindle; it looks much shorter. I'll have to cut an inch or so of the mounting tube though!
Title: Re: Brake pedal spindle
Post by: Darkness on February 14, 2012, 07:23:16 PM
Looks like you've already answered your own question, but I should be interested to see how you are linking the back brake up: I'm looking for ideas for something neater than the standard Tarozzi link forwards to the original shaft?
Title: Re: Brake pedal spindle
Post by: matthewmosse on February 14, 2012, 10:13:59 PM
cb250 of 90's vintage I think is quite a bit shorter - would need verifying  but I think it was same diameter and caused confusion when bits got mixed in the spares pile.
Title: Re: Brake pedal spindle
Post by: LesterPiglet on February 17, 2012, 03:07:20 PM
I have a spindle at 3"/76mm. I think it's from a 500k.