Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB750 => Topic started by: pauliexjr on February 15, 2012, 10:00:14 AM

Title: Exhaust question
Post by: pauliexjr on February 15, 2012, 10:00:14 AM
I have a 1978 F2 with a 4:1 exhaust, does anyone know if the earlier 4:2 exhasts fit? If so any thoughts where I could get the down-pipes? I've been told the ports are different on the F2 head so the older systems won't fit, is that true?
Title: Re: Exhaust question
Post by: Spitfire on February 15, 2012, 10:10:40 AM
The F2 never had a 4-2 exhaust, K series 4-4, CB750F1/F2 4-1.

Cheers

Den
Title: Re: Exhaust question
Post by: pauliexjr on February 15, 2012, 10:13:39 AM
Sorry Den, I didn't mean earlier F2's just earlier CB750s. Are the ports the same?
Title: Re: Exhaust question
Post by: Bryanj on February 15, 2012, 03:45:15 PM
Sort of, the later ones have studs, split collars and flanged pipes with finned clamps---early had stub pipes held in with countersunk screws and exhausts fitted over with finned clamps