Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB750 => Topic started by: Robbo on March 20, 2012, 01:52:25 PM

Title: Bleedin' nipple!
Post by: Robbo on March 20, 2012, 01:52:25 PM
Went to bleed the back brake only to notice a snapped bleed screw, I though I would be clever trying to get it out with my impact driver but the bit also snapped in there so now I'm buggered...

Any ideas on fixes or other options?

there is a front caliper on the bay at the moment which I will try and get if it doesn't go for silly money

(F2 1978)
Title: Re: Bleedin' nipple!
Post by: Bryanj on March 20, 2012, 04:24:39 PM
Heat might get the broken bit out, then when i get them from the states i will have some repair kits
Title: Re: Bleedin' nipple!
Post by: r1_pete on March 21, 2012, 08:54:42 PM
If you have access to a MIG or Arc welder, it is possible to build up a blob of weld on the broken nipple, then weld on a nut, the heat helps free things and 9 times out of 10 it will come out leaving the threads un damaged.
Title: Re: Bleedin' nipple!
Post by: kifer on March 21, 2012, 10:22:28 PM
Ive used the weld idea same as Pete says. I usually put a washer over and spot into hole helps me keep weld where I want it,
Good luck def worth a try!
Title: Re: Bleedin' nipple!
Post by: Robbo on March 22, 2012, 09:24:47 AM
Great idea! I'll weld it up tomorrow, in the meantime I got hold of a banjo bolt with a bleed nipple in it just incase I can't get the old nipple out