Honda-SOHC
SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB750 => Topic started by: H2Eric on March 22, 2012, 11:00:55 AM
-
Does anyone know of a source for the braided oil lines that Honda originally used? I need extra lengths of the stuff for my CR750 project. Maybe there is something similar on a more modern bike, anyone know?
Thanks
Eric
-
I just typed "braided oil lines" into the E-Bay search box and came up with nearly 400 options, so worth a try there, I'm sure artistic licence would allow you to use some of the goodrich type hoses on there available in various lengths, or there is the old type cotton braided rubber types there ;D
-
I was hoping to avoid the stainless braided versions, although it's good stuff and no doubt better than the original. Lets see what flea-bay turns up.
Thanks for the tip
Cheers
Eric
-
You might struggle with OEM/original replacements, but Wemoto stock the metal sheathed braided lines.
If you get a set, you need to remove the ends from your existing lines (the bits that bolt onto the engine) and fit them into the specially manufactured end pieces on the replacements. They look pretty neat.
-
If you decide to go for stainless be prepared to wait, Ordered some from Wemoto 1st March just rang them another 2 weeks away, Some problem with Hel in America ? I have bought normal braided in past from car rally shops then used crimps that clamp with pincers easy to do never had any problems.
-
Check carpy's cafe racer site in the US he does metal sheathed ones in black.
-
Moon pie do a set for the cr750 if your also using the oil cooler