Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB500/550 => Topic started by: LesterPiglet on March 30, 2012, 04:28:33 PM

Title: Betty Bloo Slideshow.
Post by: LesterPiglet on March 30, 2012, 04:28:33 PM
Work still in progress.

New parts I bought 10 years ago to get this baby roadworthy again.

Frame...old was crablike.
Swinging arm I got somewhere..can't remember.
Triple trees used from somewhere. A friend of my bro's gave me a box of CB500 bits, maybe they were in there.
Fork tubes from an F1 which were different to mine(F2 weren't available). A friend modified them to fit.
Hagon shocks.
Grab rail.
Points cover.
Alternator Honda cover.
Front rim and spokes
A used rear wheel.
Speedo/Tacho chrome bottoms.
Throttle tube
Motad 4-1
Tappet covers
Chain
Tyres
Carb rubbers complete with the part of the airbox they attach to.
Front fender
Heavy duty clutch springs/plates
Seat
Flake Sapphire Blue Side panels

It's a slideshow...click on the link.

(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v337/LesterPiglet/Betty%20Bloos%20Mum/Project%20Betty%20Bloo/th_289100_2538610342751_1178428004_3192115_1127121114_o-1.jpg) (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/LesterPiglet/media/Betty%20Bloos%20Mum/Project%20Betty%20Bloo/289100_2538610342751_1178428004_3192115_1127121114_o-1.jpg.html)

http://smg.photobucket.com/user/LesterPiglet/slideshow/Betty%20Bloos%20Mum/Project%20Betty%20Bloo
Title: Re: Betty Bloo Slideshow.
Post by: Darkness on April 05, 2012, 02:04:16 PM
Looking good, and progressing nearly as quickly as my 500/4!

I agree about the Flake Saphire Blue: so much nicer than the candy.   ;D
Title: Re: Betty Bloo Slideshow.
Post by: Steph550 on April 07, 2012, 11:36:26 AM
Wow, that's a big project you've got! Looks like she's coming on really well though, well done to you! ;D She'll be stunning when finished. 8)

Good luck!
Title: Re: Betty Bloo Slideshow.
Post by: LesterPiglet on April 23, 2012, 07:05:54 PM
Got it all sorted bar the wiring and some cosmetic stuff. And now the biggy. She's running for the first time in twenty years.

Click for video (http://youtu.be/pAY8IdV4_nU)
Title: Re: Betty Bloo Slideshow.
Post by: andy_c101 on April 24, 2012, 10:34:06 PM
Bl**dy marvellous to see another old girl getting all fired up again!
Title: Re: Betty Bloo Slideshow.
Post by: LesterPiglet on April 24, 2012, 11:56:49 PM
Thanks. I'm very happy.
Title: Re: Betty Bloo Slideshow.
Post by: UK Pete on April 25, 2012, 09:49:34 AM
Just watched your slide show very entertaining well done for all your effort, surprised to hear your still alive though i watched the video and you  were in that smokey exhaust fume filled room for some time,
Pete
Title: Re: Betty Bloo Slideshow.
Post by: LesterPiglet on April 25, 2012, 09:51:42 AM
As I've said before, I've smoked worse.  ;)
Title: Re: Betty Bloo Slideshow.
Post by: LesterPiglet on May 23, 2012, 09:52:12 PM
Latest update. Just getting around to doing a carb sync. Took me a while doing the electrics as all the wiring insulation is brittle.

(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v337/LesterPiglet/Betty%20Bloos%20Mum/th_MOV03035.jpg) (http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v337/LesterPiglet/Betty%20Bloos%20Mum/?action=view&current=MOV03035.mp4)
Title: Re: Betty Bloo Slideshow.
Post by: LesterPiglet on June 12, 2012, 03:28:40 PM
New steering bearings and master cylinder and a test ride. It actually behaves like a motorcycle now.
(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v337/LesterPiglet/Betty%20Bloos%20Mum/th_MOV03075.jpg) (http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v337/LesterPiglet/Betty%20Bloos%20Mum/?action=view&current=MOV03075.mp4)
Title: Re: Betty Bloo Slideshow.
Post by: Darkness on July 07, 2012, 11:05:58 AM
Hi Les: good to see it moving again.

Have you had any luck in finding a match for the paint?

I like the Flake Saphire Blue paint color too, but need a couple of side panels to match the tank I've got.

My local paint shop is having difficulty finding a paint supply from the Honda paint name and colour code?

I may have to paint a couple of spare ones elephant grey, like on the CB750F1 to get the tank on the bike: it looks awful with pearl saphire blue panel! ;D ;D
Title: Re: Betty Bloo Slideshow.
Post by: LesterPiglet on July 07, 2012, 12:55:17 PM
I have sourced some paint that I'm going to try, once the RBS/Ulster Bank let me at my account.  ::)

http://www.internationalcolours.com/index.php

I'll use their sparkling basecoat, get some flake as well just in case . The blue doesn't quite match but I'm going to get some concentrate and see what I can do with it.
Title: Re: Betty Bloo Slideshow.
Post by: Darkness on July 09, 2012, 03:24:31 PM
Good luck, and don't forget to post some photos!

If it doesn't quite match your side panels I'll make a good offer for them! :D :D
Title: Re: Betty Bloo Slideshow.
Post by: LesterPiglet on July 09, 2012, 09:09:02 PM
I have an extra identical panel you could make a good offer on. Shoot me a PM.
Title: Re: Betty Bloo Slideshow.
Post by: LesterPiglet on July 21, 2012, 07:19:01 PM
Paint ordered, it should be here this week. Flake silver basecoat, blue concentrate and clear topcoat.
Title: Re: Betty Bloo Slideshow.
Post by: LesterPiglet on July 30, 2012, 11:04:05 AM
Some more progress. She rides.

 (http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v337/LesterPiglet/Betty%20Bloos%20Mum/Project%20Betty%20Bloo/?action=view&current=MOV03075.mp4)

Hondaman ignition fitted.

(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v337/LesterPiglet/Betty%20Bloos%20Mum/Project%20Betty%20Bloo/DSC03166.jpg)

And the smaller battery that fits beside the ignition module. This fits in on it's side.

(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v337/LesterPiglet/Betty%20Bloos%20Mum/Project%20Betty%20Bloo/DSC03167.jpg)
Title: Re: Betty Bloo Slideshow.
Post by: LesterPiglet on October 04, 2012, 11:13:55 PM
I can't/won't get the paint now as they want another 30% to ship it over the water.  >:(

(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v337/LesterPiglet/Betty%20Bloos%20Mum/th_MOV03231_zpsaf3c6d94.jpg) (http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v337/LesterPiglet/Betty%20Bloos%20Mum/?action=view&current=MOV03231_zpsaf3c6d94.mp4)

It would be nice if we could link to videos. Click the picture if you want to hear it run. Still not perfect.  ::)

Title: Re: Betty Bloo Slideshow.
Post by: LesterPiglet on September 10, 2013, 11:00:44 AM
I never got the paint after all. They wanted an extra 33% to post it over the water.  :'(
I also got my sidepanel scanned by a painter and only got a 70% match.
I've run out of options.