Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB750 => Topic started by: Bitsa (Ralph Wright - RIP) on May 31, 2012, 03:51:30 PM

Title: Float level
Post by: Bitsa (Ralph Wright - RIP) on May 31, 2012, 03:51:30 PM
Hi All,
Seem to remember a post about this but can not find it so
where do you measure from?    photo 1 or photo 2
Many thanks
bitsa
Title: Re: Float level
Post by: mick on May 31, 2012, 09:37:14 PM
from the actual gasket face if i remember correctly Bitsa  ;)
Title: Re: Float level
Post by: Bitsa (Ralph Wright - RIP) on June 01, 2012, 09:01:43 AM
Mick That's what I thought too thanks.Did you look at the 750 photo?
Cheers
Bitsa
Title: Re: Float level
Post by: Seamus on June 01, 2012, 10:57:47 AM
I recall reading something about setting float levels and believe it was from the face the gasket sits on. I made up a setting level tool from an old floppy disc (remember them).
I will have a dig and see if I can find the details if you are interested
Title: Re: Float level
Post by: Seamus on June 01, 2012, 11:03:08 AM
Easier to find than I thought. Assuming the attachment works

Title: Re: Float level
Post by: Bitsa (Ralph Wright - RIP) on June 01, 2012, 11:31:35 AM
Seamus,
Nice one cheers for that got loads of them.
Bitsa
Title: Re: Float level
Post by: LesterPiglet on June 01, 2012, 12:18:04 PM
I seen a post on the US site lately that shows an original Honda gauge in action. It actually rests on the flange of the gasket face.
Title: Re: Float level
Post by: Bitsa (Ralph Wright - RIP) on June 01, 2012, 12:30:24 PM
Cheers Lesterpiglet so that's photo one then.I know you cant see it well but That is a Honda gauge.
Bitsa