Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB750 => Topic started by: bluemouse1006 on June 06, 2012, 04:54:18 PM

Title: Generator cover ?
Post by: bluemouse1006 on June 06, 2012, 04:54:18 PM
 :)
Hi been checking my bike out today as I'm off on a Bike Safe class on Saturday so don't want it to show me up !
I've seen an oil leak coming from the casing of the generator ,it seems that the the bike has been on its side at one stage and scraped the generator cover making it very thin, it seems that the case has given up  and started to leak from a small crack ,I've repaired it or now with chemical metal type stuff which I've used before and is brill .
I am looking at chroming this and other casing parts in the winter , looking for an undamaged generator cover if any one has a spare one they can sell me ,I can assure you it will be going to a very good and loving home

Thanks again
Amos
Title: Re: Generator cover ?
Post by: Bryanj on June 07, 2012, 06:08:24 AM
Got a scarred one about
Title: Re: Generator cover ?
Post by: bluemouse1006 on June 07, 2012, 08:33:31 PM
Bryanj
Cheers I need a un damaged one so I can get it chromed
Thanks for the reply

Amos
Title: Re: Generator cover ?
Post by: simongill on June 08, 2012, 08:32:33 AM
Hi

I had the same issue. mine was scraped. I kept looking at Ebay and eventully one turned up. Happy hunting

Simon
Title: Re: Generator cover ?
Post by: bluemouse1006 on July 21, 2012, 08:32:08 AM
 :)Found one at last £20 plus postage from Scotland !
Polished it up and it looks great

Amos  ;D