Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB500/550 => Topic started by: StPeter on June 17, 2012, 11:06:31 AM

Title: Inner tubes - newbie question
Post by: StPeter on June 17, 2012, 11:06:31 AM
I picked up my new pride and joy yesterday and rode home 73 miles. Unfortunately I live 75 miles from the previous owner . . . I had picked up a puncture  - I suspect the tube's rotted.  :(
On the plus side, I met a guy who got his bike trailer out and repatriated my bike and me  :) :) :) You really do meet the nicest people (when you're) on a Honda!

Anyway, It's many years since I played around with tubed tyres and I'd like to know the correct size inner tubes. I believe I have standard size tyres (90/90 x19 & 350 x 18)

Looking at online suppliers, they all mention rim tapes but don't seem to sell them separately; do they usually come with the tubes these days?

Title: Re: Inner tubes - newbie question
Post by: LesterPiglet on June 17, 2012, 12:48:58 PM
Rim tapes and tubes are separate items usually.
Title: Re: Inner tubes - newbie question
Post by: Bryanj on June 17, 2012, 05:25:15 PM
3.25 x 19 and 3.50 x 18 are standard sizes and i have quite a few NOS ones in my garage
Title: Re: Inner tubes - newbie question
Post by: LesterPiglet on June 17, 2012, 06:33:43 PM
3.25 x 19 and 3.50 x 18 are standard sizes and i have quite a few NOS ones in my garage
Fixed that. :)

I fixed it actually...  Steve :-)
Title: Re: Inner tubes - newbie question
Post by: StPeter on June 17, 2012, 10:49:55 PM
Thanks, Guys.
Those numbers do my head in. Just ordered a 10" version. Doh! Auspicious start to the restoration. Let's hope I do better with the overflowing right hand carb!

P