Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB500/550 => Topic started by: jcknapp on June 19, 2012, 12:38:37 AM

Title: fuel octane and final rejetting / pics!!!!
Post by: jcknapp on June 19, 2012, 12:38:37 AM
Hello all-
     Well I have finally started and finishing up dialing my bike. Got 115's in the main and 40's in the pilot. So far so good except for the flat spot I am getting around high 2 and low 3. Anyone? Otherwise runs perfect. Rebuilt pretty much everything, replaced a bunch of junk and shed off alot of the weight. Also does anyone use high octane fuel in their cycles? I use regular now because I heard the low compression engines are not good for high octane fuel. Anyone else hear of this? Thanks and enjoy the pics.

J-
Title: Re: fuel octane and final rejetting / pics!!!!
Post by: LesterPiglet on June 19, 2012, 01:15:44 AM
No idea about your jetting. I just use supermarket fuel.
Can you post a pic of your gauges please?
Title: Re: fuel octane and final rejetting / pics!!!!
Post by: jcknapp on June 19, 2012, 02:53:48 AM
here ya go lester. cheers  Notice (in black and white) the two egg shaped pieces of wood on the triple tree. I custom made them to cover the ground down old bar holders. Made of Padouk.

j
Title: Re: fuel octane and final rejetting / pics!!!!
Post by: SteveD CB500K0 on June 19, 2012, 07:47:55 AM
All these bikes were designed to use unleaded low octane fuel from the outset. Only the tuned bikes needed higher octane.

I use 95 (UK) in all of my bikes be they old carb Hondas or modern FI Triumphs.

US Octane is different though (UK: low = 95, high/super = 98)  Wikipedia has a good write-up on it.