Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB750 => Topic started by: Bitsa (Ralph Wright - RIP) on June 24, 2012, 09:35:31 AM

Title: Split Pins cb750 carbs
Post by: Bitsa (Ralph Wright - RIP) on June 24, 2012, 09:35:31 AM
Hi all,
Does anybody know the size of the split pins used on the choke linkage?Can not find them listed on cmsnl site.Been to all hardware shops here can not find any small enough.
Cheers
Bitsa
Title: Re: Split Pins cb750 carbs
Post by: Seamus on June 24, 2012, 12:10:12 PM
Around 1.2mm dia. I replace mine with "R" spring clips with a dia of 1.15mm. Can post a pic if it helps
Title: Re: Split Pins cb750 carbs
Post by: Seamus on June 24, 2012, 12:34:31 PM
I have some 1.35mm dia split pins that fit, but may need the length adjusting
The parts book says 1.0mm split pins part no 94201-101-00 for K1. Available to order from DS at 51p each (If you want I can send you 4, just pm your details)
Title: Re: Split Pins cb750 carbs
Post by: Bitsa (Ralph Wright - RIP) on June 24, 2012, 01:09:02 PM
Thanks Seamus.
Have PM d you
cheers
Bitsa
Title: Re: Split Pins cb750 carbs
Post by: Bitsa (Ralph Wright - RIP) on June 28, 2012, 01:01:58 PM
Thanks to seamus for sending me some but they did not fit still too big.Any other suggestions?
Do hardware shops in the UK have what I call a selection box?
Many Thanks
Bitsa
Title: Re: Split Pins cb750 carbs
Post by: kifer on June 28, 2012, 02:04:08 PM
Have a look at these on flea bay not sure how they convert List number 170860016990
Title: Re: Split Pins cb750 carbs
Post by: Bitsa (Ralph Wright - RIP) on June 28, 2012, 02:19:42 PM
Yo Kifer nice one they do look as they would do the job.Like you I have forgotten 3s of an inch etc but  for a squid for that many can I go wrong?Parts fiche states they are 1.00m round.
Thanks
Bitsa
Title: Re: Split Pins cb750 carbs
Post by: kifer on July 03, 2012, 11:18:41 AM
Don't know how you got on with pins but have just picked these up for stock Cheers Tom.(http://i1068.photobucket.com/albums/u456/seedr65/SplitPins.jpg)

Title: Re: Split Pins cb750 carbs
Post by: Bitsa (Ralph Wright - RIP) on July 03, 2012, 11:22:36 AM
Yo Kifer,
Cheers, sorted it by drilling them to 1.5mm Seamus who sent me some pins fitted fine loads of metal left.
Bitsa
Title: Re: Split Pins cb750 carbs
Post by: Seamus on July 03, 2012, 11:16:19 PM
Bit of a mystery that as the pins I sent Bitza fitted my K1 fine. I have actually used R clips as I got them in stainless.

Still he is sorted which is the important thing.  :)