Honda-SOHC
Other Stuff => Misc / Open => Topic started by: Bitsa (Ralph Wright - RIP) on August 03, 2012, 10:06:34 AM
-
Hi Guys just nosing around and found this
http://www.leboncoin.fr/equipement_moto/350859601.htm?ca=20_s
http://www.leboncoin.fr/equipement_moto/350864992.htm?ca=20_s
Wish I had the time and money hope the links work not my forte.
Regards
Bitsa
-
A couple of K tanks on Ebay at the mo, looking at about £50 ea, but this could change. Difficult really with 15 tanks (depends on the condition) works out at roughly £80 per unit. If there are a couple of crinkle tanks there, then that would help a lot.
The CB750K set looks good, but again an aftermarket airbox and side panels can be had for not a lot of gold. The tank is another matter, pretty rare by now I guess. Paint looks OK though. (Have you got an early CB that may need this one?). I suppose it would depend on how much you need an early tank
(unless you are looking for a little investment)
-
Seamus,
It did cross my mind the investment bit but there is still alot of people who are not happy with aftermarket parts makes the bike non original.
Who knows knowing France they probably been bought already as parts for the 750 are pricey here and non negotiable most times.If you do not pay their price then they take it back home with them.Down the south where they are there is a couple of dealers that restore them and sell them on would not be surprised if they bought it all up.A set of pipes here are about a third more than in the UK.
All the best
Bitsa
-
Perhaps France is ripe for spares imports from the USA. Possible for a good profit???
-
I was watching a 550F tank on Ebay and forgot about it. >:( £11.51 plus £8.99 postage it went for. I could kick myself.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/110923469990?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649