Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB750 => Topic started by: Green1 on August 11, 2012, 10:09:17 PM

Title: k1 or 2
Post by: Green1 on August 11, 2012, 10:09:17 PM
Hi all
I was going to MOT the bike this weekend but I saw this. :)So now my dad can stop bugging me   and restore his own 750.If I decide to let him have it :D Only problem is I'm running out of room 
Title: Re: k1 or 2
Post by: Green1 on August 12, 2012, 10:24:48 PM
Does this k1 have a k2 front end and tank badges
Title: Re: k1 or 2
Post by: steff750 on August 12, 2012, 11:55:06 PM
 :) i been drinking again so i could be wrong :o k1 and k2 same forks and had bigger fork seals this was upgrade from k0 , tank badges are a bit differant but both a should be white, looks like late front mudguard could be k4 or k6 should have two fork braces anyway ,and there is no guard over disc on front end of k1 so this could well be k2
Title: Re: k1 or 2
Post by: steff750 on August 13, 2012, 10:16:41 AM
 ;) on closer inspection you have later fork bottoms same as f1
Title: Re: k1 or 2
Post by: Seamus on August 13, 2012, 04:08:27 PM
What is the brake pivot like? Is it the T shaped one or the earlier larger bracket? K1 and early K2 did not have the T shape.
The disk splash guard appeared on the K3 around 1973.
As above the mudguard should have 2 stays.
Title: Re: k1 or 2
Post by: hairygit on August 13, 2012, 05:30:07 PM
The mudguard looks like one from a 750F1, if it is, they are chromed rocking horse poo, and well sought after ;D
Title: Re: k1 or 2
Post by: Green1 on August 13, 2012, 07:07:03 PM
On closer inspection they are f1 forks.The mudguard has no provisions for a stay on the front and the brake pivot is smaller than the one on the green k1.Does the green k1 have a k0 front end as I had to fit smaller fork seals I can't remember the size but the part number was 91255-300-013
Title: Re: k1 or 2
Post by: Spitfire on August 13, 2012, 07:29:11 PM
Looks just like my old K1, the front mudguard is not F1, here's my UK F1 in 1976 when I bought it, with a standard mudguard fitted (I think the US ones only had one stay), the front caliper is not F1 either.

(http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z244/DennisMcc/Bikes%20that%20I%20have%20owned/PFM212P.jpg)
And here it is now
(http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z244/DennisMcc/finished/FrontwheelRHdetail.jpg)
Front caliper F1
(http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z244/DennisMcc/wheels%20and%20brakes/Frontwheelandbrake-10.jpg)
The F2 only had a small front stay though

Cheers

Den
Title: Re: k1 or 2
Post by: hairygit on August 13, 2012, 07:53:35 PM
My F1 (reg Dec 75) has only a single stay, if you look at the parts fiche for it, there are 2 types fitted, depending on frame number, although the single stay one is totally unavailable :'(
Title: Re: k1 or 2
Post by: Green1 on August 13, 2012, 07:58:36 PM
If you google images cb750 f1 there is a yellow super sport with the same front end as mine I think. :-\
Title: Re: k1 or 2
Post by: Waggles on August 14, 2012, 07:21:55 AM
I concur, my F1 (UK) has twin stays, so did the one I had new in 1976, I always thought the single stay was the US version but I agree both are seen on parts fiche so who knows if some single stay models found their way to these sunny shores.

Don't think it matters much, the important thing is that if they are F1 forks you can't mix and match as the fork bottoms differ, they are not bushed as were the earlier ones.
Title: Re: k1 or 2
Post by: Spitfire on August 14, 2012, 09:15:57 AM
Yes the parts book does list a single stay front mudguard for A (USA), CM (Canada), DK (General Export KPH), DM (General Export MPH), F (France), G (Germany), U (Australia).
the double stay is listed as E and ED, England and European Direct Sales.
Sounds like a lot of single stay mudguards out there.

Cheers

Den