Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB750 => Topic started by: cb750stu on August 21, 2012, 07:17:45 PM

Title: My Build Progress pics !!!
Post by: cb750stu on August 21, 2012, 07:17:45 PM
Hi Folks,

Spent the last 2 nights stripping my 76 750 and this is as far as i have got not bad i think ??
Engine out tomorrow with the help of my Dad looks like a heavy lump the engine that is !!!!
Then i'll start cleaning up everything going to take my time as i want it to look good at the end !!!

Took my time to label all the wiring and take a note of all the colours in a book i made the mistake of not doing this on my last build what a mare !!!


(http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee112/ktm_690/CB%20750/SAM_0841.jpg)
(http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee112/ktm_690/CB%20750/SAM_0844.jpg)
(http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee112/ktm_690/CB%20750/SAM_0849.jpg)
(http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee112/ktm_690/CB%20750/SAM_0871.jpg)
(http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee112/ktm_690/CB%20750/SAM_0869.jpg)
Title: Re: My Build Progress pics !!!
Post by: Spitfire on August 21, 2012, 08:05:17 PM
God I remember doing that, loads of zippy bags and photos so that I could remember all the cable, wiring and piping routes, and I still struggled a bit.

Cheers

Den
Title: Re: My Build Progress pics !!!
Post by: LesterPiglet on August 21, 2012, 09:26:59 PM
I'm so glad I'm past that stage now but I'm going to have to do it all again in 2047  :-[


 :P
Title: Re: My Build Progress pics !!!
Post by: cb750stu on October 08, 2012, 10:02:02 PM
Hi Folks i thought i would post some pics of my progress,mainly been working on cleaning the engine and carbs the Ultrasonic cleaner was a good buy,not going for the super shiney look on engine just the brushed metal affect,
(http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee112/ktm_690/SAM_0916.jpg)
Carbs nice and clean fully rebuilt wit new internals and gaskets !!
(http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee112/ktm_690/SAM_0915.jpg)
Frame blasted and smoothed off for painting !!!
(http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee112/ktm_690/SAM_0918.jpg)
Parts ready for paint !!
(http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee112/ktm_690/SAM_0917.jpg)
Box of goodies ready to fit !!!
(http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee112/ktm_690/SAM_0919.jpg)

Really enjoying this whole process its very satisfying and therapeutic to be honest,i cant believe how much money i have spent on Honda Parts i must be one of David Silvers and CMSL best customers at the moment i just like using original parts !!!
Still waiting on my seat so i can get mounts welded on and my rearsets to test fit then i can get the frame painted,

Regards
Stu
Title: Re: My Build Progress pics !!!
Post by: Waggles on October 09, 2012, 07:24:35 AM
Re DSS, don't bet on it! I expect a Christmas card this year and an invite to the staff do the amount I have spent!

Don't worry about the rebuild Lester, doesn't the world end in december?  ;)
Title: Re: My Build Progress pics !!!
Post by: cb750stu on January 13, 2013, 09:15:58 PM
Painted my engine today came out nice,just waiting on my engine covers to come now !!!


(http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee112/ktm_690/IMG_20130113_202930_zps2f543ed0.jpg)
(http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee112/ktm_690/IMG_20130113_202913_zps4bb1e61d.jpg)
(http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee112/ktm_690/IMG_20130113_202857_zpscb7ce262.jpg)

Title: My Build Progress pics !!!
Post by: andy_sheff on January 13, 2013, 11:33:15 PM
Looking good man, you hoping to get it done and on the road for this summer ?
Title: Re: My Build Progress pics !!!
Post by: cb750stu on January 14, 2013, 12:07:11 AM
Cheers mate !!
I've nearly got everything done now just need my frame loop welded in frame painted then its on with the rebuild
I work away a lot so it all depends on how busy I am and how much time I get off in between jobs !!!

Cheers
Title: My Build Progress pics !!!
Post by: andy_sheff on January 14, 2013, 08:55:13 PM
Yeah, and these things always take longer than you would first think! You replacing all the nuts and bolts apart from the specialist stuff? Be rude not to while its in bits. There's a nut and bolt shop near me, I pop in there a lot. Surprising how cheap they are.
Title: Re: My Build Progress pics !!!
Post by: UK Pete on January 14, 2013, 09:59:19 PM
Engine looks good stu, i know what you mean about spending lots of money, DS does well out of us guys
pete