Honda-SOHC

Other Stuff => Misc / Open => Topic started by: daz on August 30, 2012, 10:10:01 AM

Title: degrease engine
Post by: daz on August 30, 2012, 10:10:01 AM
Hi all, can anybody recommend a good engine cleaner, thanks Daz
Title: Re: degrease engine
Post by: SteveD CB500K0 on August 30, 2012, 11:30:38 AM
In general you get what you pay for.

I've used Muck-Off and Fuchs-Off on my bike and they are good at cleaning chain lube from the rear wheel.

I tried Halfords own cheap alloy wheel cleaner and it was rubbish!

Autoglym is probably the best and you only have to use a bit of it (just as well given the cost)!
Title: Re: degrease engine
Post by: Bitsa (Ralph Wright - RIP) on August 31, 2012, 09:00:40 AM
If the engine is in bits I use white spirit non odour cleans up a treat and cheapish for France.
Cheers
Bitsa
Title: Re: degrease engine
Post by: mick on August 31, 2012, 09:33:44 AM
Me to Bitsa and if you have a little compressor it handy for blowing the muck off etc  ;), cheers Mick.
Title: Re: degrease engine
Post by: daz on August 31, 2012, 06:37:29 PM
Thanks guys for your ideas. I have tried white spirit. I will try the stuff Steve suggest. May need a long soak before i try & clean.
Visited the Departure lounge cafe today, my 2nd visit, as reccommended by Steve, nice place, cheers Daz
Title: Re: degrease engine
Post by: daz on August 31, 2012, 07:32:31 PM
A mate of mine told me he allways uses brick cleaner, spray it on leave it for a few minutes & wash off with water :o