Honda-SOHC
SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB750 => Topic started by: cb750stu on October 09, 2012, 04:49:39 PM
-
Hi Folks just wondering my engine is going to be sitting for a while with no oil in her whilst i do everything else that needs to be done,
Will it be ok with no oil in it or is there something i should do to stop any kind of corrosion ???
Regards
Stu
-
If the parts are sitting in a damp, unheated shed, thin application of WD-40 or ACF-50 comes to mind...
Wrapping on oiled paper-towels might as well be a storage idea.
-
Mine sat for 10 years without oil, I just dropped some in the chambers before it went to sleep.
-
Cheers hopefully it won't be sat that long !!!!
-
While I was rebuilding my F1 I put in some classic 20W 50 ( it has seal swell additives etc ) and spun the motor occasionally to move the oil around. Also put some redex down the spark plug holes and oily rags in exhaust and inlet ports. Changed this oil for 10W 40 before starting.
Mind you she smoked like a WW1 destroyer going into action when I first started her! ;)
Thinking about it liberally splashing some oil around the top end through the tappet covers wouldn't be a bad idea too