Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB350/400 => Topic started by: robnobrakes on November 02, 2012, 07:48:27 PM

Title: Air Filters
Post by: robnobrakes on November 02, 2012, 07:48:27 PM
Does the 1977 400/4 respond well to the removal of the airbox and fitment of K&N or Uni filters with appropriate jetting?  The bike is fitted with a Yoshi (?) exhaust.

(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v38/robnobrakes/4004ebay1.jpg)
Title: Re: Air Filters
Post by: Bryanj on November 02, 2012, 09:18:54 PM
Yes as long as you spent time and effort to get the jetting right
Title: Re: Air Filters
Post by: tom400f on November 02, 2012, 09:30:55 PM
Yes it looks like a Yoshi exhaust. Its resonant at 6500 rpm or so. Coincides with max torque I believe but could be wrong about that.

I had such a pipe back in the day. Ran it with the airbox but (as far as I can recall) fitted "next size up" mains (sorry for the lack of clarity but I doubt I knew what I was doing anyway). Ran brilliantly like that.