Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB350/400 => Topic started by: robnobrakes on November 04, 2012, 09:44:39 AM

Title: Dynatek - Dyna S Electronic Ignition Honda ???
Post by: robnobrakes on November 04, 2012, 09:44:39 AM
Has anyone tried this or other electronic ignitian syyems?

Dynatek - Dyna S Electronic Ignition Honda - CB 350/CB 400/4 Cylinder 1972-1977
Title: Re: Dynatek - Dyna S Electronic Ignition Honda ???
Post by: Bryanj on November 04, 2012, 01:19:26 PM
The yanks love them but in my opinion, unless you are going to do 10,000 miles plus a year they ain't worth the co
Title: Re: Dynatek - Dyna S Electronic Ignition Honda ???
Post by: hairygit on November 04, 2012, 02:37:32 PM
I do between 12 and 15,000 miles a year on my 750F1, and the same sets of points in it have covered more than 70,000 trouble free miles. I do carry spare points and condnsors with me, so should they ever fail on the road I can change them and get home, if an electronic ignition fails, it's a long push home, or expensive recovery :'( Even with a warranty on electronic ignition, they will replace defective parts, but NOT pay for recovery costs, and downtime, so why complicate things ??? After all, Honda's racing fours and sixes of the sixties revved to over 20,000 R.P.M. with points, and look at how they performed! ;D
Title: Re: Dynatek - Dyna S Electronic Ignition Honda ???
Post by: robnobrakes on November 04, 2012, 03:03:23 PM
Thanks chaps

Just as I thought, probably a waste of money.