Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB750 => Topic started by: jerbear48 on December 23, 2012, 05:31:36 PM

Title: Motad 4 into 1
Post by: jerbear48 on December 23, 2012, 05:31:36 PM
Hi Folks
              Would anybody out there have the fitting instructions for a Motad M7HF1 4 into 1 exhaust, I have picked one up on Ebay to replace the one fitted to my Honda 750 SS and I can`t for the life of me remember how to fit it as it`s been about 6 weeks since I took the old one off any help would be very much appreciated
Regards
JerBear48
Title: Re: Motad 4 into 1
Post by: LesterPiglet on December 23, 2012, 08:46:39 PM
On my Motad the front pipes are numbered where they join the collector. I don't think the instructions tell you much more than that.  ::)
Title: Re: Motad 4 into 1
Post by: Waggles on December 24, 2012, 07:14:01 AM
Will have a scan around and see if I still have mine but Lester is correct in that the instructions are not exhaustive ( sorry  ;) ) Basically the pipes are numbered and there was a diagram to show which pipe goes where in the header ( but they only fit one way ) The silencer mounting is just a couple of captive nuts / bolts.

I found the system quite fiddly to fit when getting the pipes into the header far enough to clamp. I tried fitting one pipe at a time but that seemed to push everything out of line so the final pipe wouldn't fit.

Finally I would advise against using the supplied 'trumpets' as they are very tight when trying to get them round the tight bend in the pipes nearest the head and can scratch the finish. Either use standard split shells like I did or you could fully ( or half ) split the supplied ones I guess.

If you have no luck can take a piccy or two of my system if it helps