Honda-SOHC
SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB750 => Topic started by: adrian58 on January 02, 2013, 11:03:21 PM
-
Hi it's me again with another question. Bike seems to going well but it's a real bugger to find neutral when the engines running. Flick the kill switch and it selects as smooth as silk. My first thought was clutch drag but have checked and double checked clutch adjustment and you can select 1st at tick over with no change to the engine note at all. That to me, kind of rules out clutch drag all the other gears select just fine when on the move. Any thoughts would be welcome. Is this a trait of the early CB750s ? ? Ooopps forgot to say it's a K2.
-
Hi Adrian.
My k4 does it from time to time and it turned out to be clutch drag.On the same note I had a 400/4 which was a bastard at it that turned out to be bottom case worn where the shaft went through while stopped the shaft was lifting and the seal always leaked.Check the play on the shaft through the transmission cover if it sloppy could be one of the reasons.If you rock the bike back and forward does that make it easy?
All the best
Bitsa
-
Mine does it all the time (CB750F1), I have to engage neutral before coming to a stop at junctions as it is impossible to put it in neutral standing still, my clutch does drag slightly but if adjusted out it slips, so I live with it.
Cheers
Den
-
My F1 is 'OK' although occasionally she sulks and goes past neutral leaving you to flick up and down a couple of times to get it, but thats the same as I remember when I had one new. Clutch drag is the most likely cause, I would be tempted to over adjust it temporarily just to see if it improves if not, it is likely to be a problem in the gearbox and as that it an engine out and strip I guess it depends on how bad it is.
Have heard of selector shafts causing 'sticky' shifting by being slightly worn or undersized, is it a high mileage motor?
-
I have a couple of bikes like that as well, and yes it is usually clutch drag,
oh the joys of having old bikes, it all adds character
Pete