Honda-SOHC
SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB750 => Topic started by: bluemouse1006 on January 08, 2013, 05:44:11 PM
-
I know someone out there is going to be shouting at the screen but my wife who is coming up to 40 has come up with the idea of passing her Bike test !!! Must be the hormones me thinks !
Anyway I have two cb 750's both SOHC anyone ever restricted one to ride on restricted licence ??
I know it's like spitting at the Queen but it will save me the price of a bike !
Amos
-
Hi Amos
Find a decent bike shop and they will often test a different bike for the certificate or failing that run the bike on three cylinders for the test that is what I did with an ER5 :D
Mick
-
I read somewhere that someone had fabricated a stop for the throttle mechanism that simply stopped the throttles from being fully opened.
-
You could try this; Make a longer inner cable for the throttle pull...and a correspondingly shorter inner for the return cable...this will reposition the twist grip so that you can't open the carbs fully...but feel normal to operate.
The carb closed position is maintaned by the tickover stop screw so not affected by where the twist grip is as the pull cable will still go slack when you let go of the throtttle.
If you make make them up as a set then switch back after passing the test to normal cables.
-
If she has a car licence, and has held it for more than 2 years, she can do "Direct Access" motorcycle test, train and take it on a 500cc bike, and full licence, no power restrictions afterwards, that's what my good lady did last year ;D
-
I don't think there's any point doing restricted test at her age, it's mainly for the young ones who want to ride but aren't allowed a full power bike due to various restrictions. The tests are the same whatever bike your on so it makes no difference really