Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB750 => Topic started by: gasman on January 10, 2013, 09:35:02 PM

Title: twin disks
Post by: gasman on January 10, 2013, 09:35:02 PM
Hi guys
lifes good, rebuilt my k5, just waiting for tank and panels to come back, the wife is off my back as no cb750 bits in the kitchen and dirty paw marks on all the white paint of doors/frames and light switches. Sitting here borred- I thought I need some real grief in my life so I looked for a cbx on e-bay.com nothing going- the yanks dont sell their bikes in the winter so I thought about---twin disks-- that should do it-  cause some grief. Purchased a good disk, found the correct bolts, where do I get the rest from? Any ideas/ help apprieciated.
regards neal----gasman
Title: Re: twin disks
Post by: Waggles on January 11, 2013, 07:12:11 AM
Have a look at http://www.salocal.com/sohc/tech/dual_disks/dual_disks.htm (http://www.salocal.com/sohc/tech/dual_disks/dual_disks.htm)
Title: Re: twin disks
Post by: Bryanj on January 11, 2013, 08:41:04 AM
WRONG, I keep saying it but the poster will not change the info:--

The 500 speedo drive WILL NOT WORK its the same as the 750, you need the very early 750 one (or a modified one) and also a front hub with the two flats on it (discontiued on later 750's)
Title: Re: twin disks
Post by: SteveD CB500K0 on January 11, 2013, 08:59:43 AM
Ben Hiles wrote that a long time ago for the .net forum. I haven't heard from him for ages (wasn't he in NZ?)