Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB750 => Topic started by: jerbear48 on January 14, 2013, 11:12:07 PM

Title: cylinder head bolts
Post by: jerbear48 on January 14, 2013, 11:12:07 PM
Hi All
         Can someone please tell me the correct torque settings for my 1976 CB750 ss
     Thanks
Title: Re: cylinder head bolts
Post by: Seamus on January 16, 2013, 11:38:22 AM
According to my manual, the F1 nuts are torqued to 14.5 to 18.1 lb ft. (Supplement for K1 on the Honda workshop manual)
Earlier K's use 13.7 to 15.2 lb ft.
Not sure when that changed.
Stud part numbers are the same for all models. If I get some time I will trawl through the manual and see if I can find the change, or it may be shown in Hondaman's book.
Don't take this as gospel just yet as it is possible that there is an eror in the book
Title: Re: cylinder head bolts
Post by: jerbear48 on January 16, 2013, 11:45:36 AM
 Thanks Seamus
I've trawled the internet and come up with those setting too
Title: Re: cylinder head bolts
Post by: cb750stu on January 16, 2013, 04:33:49 PM
Would you torque them somewhere in between those figures ???

Regards