Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB750 => Topic started by: joeleeman on January 15, 2013, 08:44:08 PM

Title: Cost of a frame and logbook
Post by: joeleeman on January 15, 2013, 08:44:08 PM
Past few months have slowly been building a cb750 race type replica and I'm using a k7 frame. I was thinking of trying an earlier shorter frame before welding all my brackets on an I was just wondering how much I'd be looking at for an earlier frame with v5. Just to save me getting ripped of thought I'd ask some people who know
Thanks for looking, Joe
Title: Cost of a frame and logbook
Post by: 701arvn on January 15, 2013, 09:06:14 PM
Frames seem to go for about £250 on eBay, though this one 400386922542 is starting at £180, which look like bit of a bargain with the swing arm.

Andy


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Title: Re: Cost of a frame and logbook
Post by: bluemouse1006 on January 16, 2013, 04:30:41 PM
Hi
Please make sure u buy one with a V5 ! I have had months of problems trying to get a reg number and still no luck !!
Amos
Title: Re: Cost of a frame and logbook
Post by: Branston5 on February 06, 2013, 10:48:40 PM
Hi Joe,

If you do decide to make the change, I'd be happy to make you an offer for your K7 frame.  I've got every other piece of the bike - currently sat in boxes - and I'm looking to get started on a project.

Thanks,

Dave P
(Branston5)
Title: Re: Cost of a frame and logbook
Post by: joeleeman on March 21, 2013, 07:44:05 PM
Another quick question on the frames. Interchangeability. Now will my engine and front and rear ends from my k7 fit an earlier frame?
Title: Re: Cost of a frame and logbook
Post by: Bryanj on March 22, 2013, 05:28:23 AM
Engine yes, front end complete yes, rear wheel will require different spacers to fit an earlier swing arm
Title: Re: Cost of a frame and logbook
Post by: joeleeman on March 22, 2013, 08:01:13 PM
Well that's good to hear. Time to search for a frame then