Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB350/400 => Topic started by: buxtonmick on February 13, 2013, 11:02:24 PM

Title: Indicator wiring
Post by: buxtonmick on February 13, 2013, 11:02:24 PM
I'm just onto mounting the indicators and each one has a single black wire coming from it, yet on the wiring diagram there are two wires from each indicator.  Anyone help me out with the connections / purpose of the other wire?

Thanks again, Mick.
Title: Re: Indicator wiring
Post by: buxtonmick on February 14, 2013, 10:36:35 AM
Thanks, they do have the ID colour rings on (I'm sure they're original) and the rear mounts have little tabs on, so I assumed that the indicator case earthed through contact with the mount.  Now I know that the other wire would actually be for the earth I have something to work with!

Cheers, Mick.
Title: Re: Indicator wiring
Post by: Bryanj on February 15, 2013, 06:15:20 AM
Also if you are looking at a US wiring diagram they have twin filament front indicators to use as running lights---dont even think about trying it they are not legal in UK
Title: Re: Indicator wiring
Post by: ashewan on February 16, 2013, 07:27:07 PM
Hi,
Just finished wiring up my UK 1975 cb400. As you say "....... and the rear mounts have little tabs on, so I assumed that the indicator case earthed through contact with the mount.........". That how I wired up the rear and they work.
The front indicators hang on the headlight stay assembly and there the indicator case has to be earthed using the reflectors on either side of the headlamp. The nut inside the headlamp holding the reflectors has an earth wire soldered onto it.
Well I say '..has to be earthed..', that's the way I did it and they worked just fine. Somebody might have some other way!
Andrew
Title: Re: Indicator wiring
Post by: buxtonmick on February 17, 2013, 10:29:57 AM
Ashewan mate, brilliant reply - that's exactly how my bike is, I was wondering about the front earthing!  That helps a lot.  Thanks and welcome to the forum; I'll be mithering you in future  ;D

Cheers, Mick.