Honda-SOHC

Other Stuff => Misc / Open => Topic started by: Lynx on February 20, 2013, 11:52:46 AM

Title: Polishing Mops
Post by: Lynx on February 20, 2013, 11:52:46 AM
Hi Guys,

I'm just wondering when you should replace your polishing mop. I have a 150mm Screwfix mop on my bench grinder. It seems like a well made strong piece of kit with lots of stitching in it and works well. I thought it would just slowly wear down. I hasn't but the edge of it does look like it's made of aluminium now. Does that matter?

Cheers
Title: Re: Polishing Mops
Post by: Seamus on February 20, 2013, 01:27:31 PM
You can clean them using the edge of an old hacksaw blade or better still a wire brush. Takes a layer off. Worth a go as it only takes a few minutes
Title: Re: Polishing Mops
Post by: Bitsa (Ralph Wright - RIP) on February 21, 2013, 03:40:01 PM
Nice one Seamus just done two I have with a wire brush and came up good as gold.
Cheers
Bitsa
Title: Re: Polishing Mops
Post by: Lynx on February 22, 2013, 03:29:03 PM
Easy when you know how. Thanks for that. Saved a couple of mops going in the bin  :).