Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB350/400 => Topic started by: 59viperman on April 04, 2013, 10:00:36 PM

Title: brake master cylinder circlip removal
Post by: 59viperman on April 04, 2013, 10:00:36 PM
 >:( can someone please tell me how to remove the circlip from the front brake master cylinder, I have bought a rebuild kit because mine is leaking [ like the petrol tank] . I have removed the ring below the rubber boot but I cant shift the circlip. I am using circlip pliers but its a three handed job trying to keep the piston down while I get at it. any tips before I throw it in the bin and buy a new one ?
Title: Re: brake master cylinder circlip removal
Post by: Bryanj on April 05, 2013, 07:31:32 AM
Reseverence and the correct bent pliers mate. I always use a plumbers type blowtorch to warm up down the hole and remove rust then if you push the piston in as far as possible a lot of the time it sticks down
Title: Re: brake master cylinder circlip removal
Post by: tom400f on April 05, 2013, 12:43:37 PM
See posts here: http://www.sohc.co.uk/index.php?topic=4812.msg22283#msg22283
Title: Re: brake master cylinder circlip removal
Post by: 59viperman on April 05, 2013, 01:07:02 PM
 ;D thanks chaps will try everything,
Title: Re: brake master cylinder circlip removal
Post by: 59viperman on April 05, 2013, 07:51:05 PM
 ;D eureka, job done. ha ha  8)