Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB350/400 => Topic started by: Seamus on April 09, 2013, 06:00:12 PM

Title: Neutral switch connection
Post by: Seamus on April 09, 2013, 06:00:12 PM
Silly question but how does the wire attach to the switch?
Received a 400/4 in parts to assemble and I did not take it apart. Wondering if something is missing.
Thanks in advance
Title: Re: Neutral switch connection
Post by: hairygit on April 09, 2013, 06:04:09 PM
There should be a little tiny (easily lost! >:() bolt in the top of it, and the single wire has an eye terminal on it, which is held by the bolt
Title: Re: Neutral switch connection
Post by: Seamus on April 09, 2013, 07:02:12 PM
Thanks mate. Appreciate the quick reply. Is the bolt a phillips type head screw?

PS do you still want the barrels?
Title: Re: Neutral switch connection
Post by: steven400/4 on April 09, 2013, 08:33:48 PM
mine has a spring witch you push down then put your wire in the hole let spring go and it holds it in place
Title: Re: Neutral switch connection
Post by: Seamus on April 09, 2013, 11:13:33 PM
Thanks Steven, I will have a closer loook tomorrow and see which type I have. (Guess there are two). The wire to mine does not have a loop to fit a screw, so possibly the same as yours. (I hope so as I dont have the screw)
Title: Re: Neutral switch connection
Post by: Seamus on April 10, 2013, 04:21:16 PM
Correct for your type Steven. Poked it through the little hole under the spring. Thanks for the heads up on that one.
Title: Re: Neutral switch connection
Post by: steven400/4 on April 10, 2013, 05:23:03 PM
no problem mate