Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB750 => Topic started by: Green1 on April 18, 2013, 08:42:26 PM

Title: Son of a B**ch
Post by: Green1 on April 18, 2013, 08:42:26 PM
Hi all dissidid to use the bike to go to work today otherwise it will never get used.The old girl ran perfect covering around 90 miles mostly in the rain and never missed a beat.So very happy.I was itching to go back out on the bike so packed up early and went out to the bike to find it laying on the floor :o >:(
So now she is off the road again with a broken headlight shell,bent fork ears,speedo & rev counter bust,bent spokes in the front wheel, banana shaped side stand and worst of all the original perfect single cut mudguard is now bent and twisted.
  :o :o :o
So now my Truck and bike have been involved in a hit and run within weeks of each other 

Mick
Title: Re: Son of a B**ch
Post by: UK Pete on April 18, 2013, 09:44:16 PM
That is really bad news, could it have been the wind or do you think it was foul play
Pete
Title: Re: Son of a B**ch
Post by: Green1 on April 18, 2013, 09:52:53 PM
Hi Pete
Foul play for sure
It has been shunted on the nose there were drag marks on the ground about 4 feet long
I'm sure I know who did it but I cant prove it.

Mick
Title: Re: Son of a B**ch
Post by: UK Pete on April 18, 2013, 10:00:36 PM
looks like a bit of detective work is needed ,find out who it is for sure then payback time
Title: Re: Son of a B**ch
Post by: Green1 on April 18, 2013, 10:09:56 PM
The thing is he is twice my size and in a firms truck so doesn't give a crap.
The site agent is trying to chase up the firm he works for
we will have to wait and see.
Title: Re: Son of a B**ch
Post by: mick on April 18, 2013, 10:22:10 PM
Sorry to hear about your Bike,  hope you get the culprit, there's an old saying "the bigger they are the harder they fall" cheers Mick.
Title: Re: Son of a B**ch
Post by: Bitsa (Ralph Wright - RIP) on April 19, 2013, 09:29:09 AM
Mick,
That's really bad news hope you get the wa***r real soon one way or another.Hope you get her back to norm soon.
Cheers
Bitsa
Title: Re: Son of a B**ch
Post by: Green1 on April 22, 2013, 09:07:34 PM
Good news I hope
The site agent has been in contact with the firm involved and it sounds like the driver has admitted hitting the bike.So now I have got to prove what damage he caused easier said then done
Time to collect a few quotes as they are going to contact me tomorrow.
Does anyone know roughly how much it will cost to re chrome a front mudguard or if you can still buy a single cut mudguard and for a firm to re spoke a front wheel

Cheers
Mick   
Title: Re: Son of a B**ch
Post by: mick on April 22, 2013, 09:54:29 PM
Glad to hear you might be getting it sorted  8), probs be a couple of hundred quid for the rechrome and wheel building  ;), cheers Mick.
Title: Re: Son of a B**ch
Post by: UK Pete on April 22, 2013, 10:20:26 PM
Sounds hopefull, now he has owned up, hagon will give you a quote for your wheel, if your guard is bent and dented the time to straighten it will add alot to the price,
pete
Title: Re: Son of a B**ch
Post by: Green1 on April 22, 2013, 10:33:41 PM
Hi all the bloke that sprayed my bike recons he can straiten it
Price shouldn't be an issue especially if you can't get the mudguard anymore   
Title: Re: Son of a B**ch
Post by: Bitsa (Ralph Wright - RIP) on April 23, 2013, 07:07:38 PM
Yo Mick.
That's good news you have got his admittance.Hope you get all the dosh to completely get your bike sorted.
Best of luck
Bitsa
Title: Re: Son of a B**ch
Post by: Green1 on April 27, 2013, 11:59:11 PM
Getting a little bored waiting now feels like a lifetime.
So I spent the day nicking bits of the other bike just so I have a bike to use.
I wish I had put her away clean as I've just been reminded how much I hate cleaning bikes. 
I to hope I get paid as I've been adding it up to day and I need to spend about £950 to get it to were it was.
Title: Re: Son of a B**ch
Post by: UK Pete on May 02, 2013, 07:29:18 AM
Has your claim gone through yet?
Title: Re: Son of a B**ch
Post by: Green1 on May 02, 2013, 07:47:40 PM
just had the quote through today for £1220 so I'll send that of sharpish.I was talking to the ground workers the other day and they told me they wont pay the tarmac firm if they don't payout.   
Title: Re: Son of a B**ch
Post by: Green1 on May 30, 2013, 11:18:11 PM
Bugger
There insurance company is stalling as it happend on a private road.
I have straigthened it out enough to use but she doesn't feel the same I,m hoping it's just in my head as the clocks are still twisted.
Title: Re: Son of a B**ch
Post by: Bryanj on May 31, 2013, 07:15:08 AM
If the public have acess they don't have a leg to stand on mate, casually point that out
Title: Re: Son of a B**ch
Post by: tom400f on May 31, 2013, 09:38:41 AM
I would agree with Bryanj. Private road doesn't mean its not a thoroughfare, just that the council etc don't maintain it, and may be if the cable company want to dig it up to lay the latest networks they have to ask the freeholders etc etc.
Title: Re: Son of a B**ch
Post by: Green1 on May 31, 2013, 06:39:13 PM
Thanks guys thats what I thought
The road it happened on is a nightmare all the school kids park along it.
Not only has my bike been wacked there my truck has been bumped a couple of times luckily the tow bar does more damage to there cars than mine.The other day the chippy had the wing stoved in on his two day old van.
obviously they didn't hang around to exchange details. 

It just makes me so  >:( >:(
Title: Re: Son of a B**ch
Post by: Green1 on June 27, 2013, 08:39:06 PM
Good News
There insurance company has admitted liability so sending of another estimate
Fingers crossed she will be as good as new soon.
Title: Re: Son of a B**ch
Post by: UK Pete on June 27, 2013, 09:17:16 PM
Thats good news , i hope you make a bit from all this as well
Pete
Title: Re: Son of a B**ch
Post by: Green1 on June 27, 2013, 09:21:07 PM
Fingers crossed
Let me know when your bikes painted Pete I've got to see it  :)
Title: Re: Son of a B**ch
Post by: UK Pete on June 27, 2013, 09:26:30 PM
I posted mark my nos panel for matching  + i have sent him some more parts  to spray with the same batch, bit of luck it will be done sooner rather than later, however i still have a crap load of other things to do to the bike, as well as that i have just got myself another project to start, busy times ahead
pete
Title: Re: Son of a B**ch
Post by: Green1 on June 27, 2013, 10:02:31 PM
I to have loads to do I just like to do the shiny bits
It has just dawned on me I have done almost nothing to the gold bike yet I can see it just being reassembled and ridden
Title: Re: Son of a B**ch
Post by: UK Pete on June 27, 2013, 10:25:13 PM
Maybe ride the gold one  for the summer and work on it this winter

Here is my new chopper bobber project
(http://i924.photobucket.com/albums/ad90/UK-Pete/random%20pictures/IMAG0630_zps8d9e2f49.jpg) (http://s924.photobucket.com/user/UK-Pete/media/random%20pictures/IMAG0630_zps8d9e2f49.jpg.html)
Title: Re: Son of a B**ch
Post by: Green1 on June 30, 2013, 05:28:11 PM
Not my cuppa
So what ever you do to it can only be an improvement  :P

Mick
Title: Re: Son of a B**ch
Post by: Green1 on July 22, 2013, 06:46:32 PM
Just a quick update finally had the go ahead  :) :)
but unfortunately I haven't got the time to mess with it so I will leaving it with Mark at Daytona.

I'll tell him to push your bike to one side Pete ;D
What is a bobber anyway? 
Title: Re: Son of a B**ch
Post by: UK Pete on July 22, 2013, 10:40:22 PM
Is Mark going to strip and rebuild the bike? and yes my bike is just up there for a fill in job while i save up to pay for the work so no rush with that, i have to say my bobber is favourite of all my bikes at the moment, i was on my way up to a motorbike cafe sunday when i see in my mirror a whole bunch of bad ass choppers and bobbers  thundering up on the road behind me, they one by one pulled along side and gave the nod of respect and roared off, so i tucked in to the pack  and rode with them, they pulled in the cafe i was going to , it was an almighty  entrance in front of my pals
Bobbers are standard bikes with 1 or both mudguards reduced or removed, usually a sprung single seat, and lots of factory bling removed, mine is a proper rat bobber it takes you to another world when your riding i just can't explain other than to say you just feel like a real f---ing bad ass while riding , and its real cool to go slow which helps to stay safe
pete
Title: Re: Son of a B**ch
Post by: Green1 on July 23, 2013, 07:38:28 PM
Yes Mark is going to strip and rebuild as It's all only cosmetic really
I could do it myself but I just don't have the time to run around.I did strip the gold bike for parts so I could use it for a while but I then had to change it all back for them to assess the bike.There are only so many times I can pull it apart and reassemble it at 1am.Yet again I am without a bike as they are all out action. 
I like the idea of a big V twin but I just can't see me riding a chopper.
   
Title: Re: Son of a B**ch
Post by: LesterPiglet on July 23, 2013, 07:40:34 PM
Firestorm. :)
Title: Re: Son of a B**ch
Post by: Green1 on July 23, 2013, 08:17:12 PM
Firestorms look like great value but I would have to fill it up every day and sell a few bikes off to make room for it
But at least Honda's always start