Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB750 => Topic started by: ginger_jim on June 11, 2013, 09:00:09 AM

Title: CB750K7 Wiring Loom
Post by: ginger_jim on June 11, 2013, 09:00:09 AM
Hi All, does anyone know if there is a massive difference in the wiring looms across the K range?  I've found a new loom on Ebay.de -

http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230929835139&fromMakeTrack=true&ssPageName=VIP:watchlink:top:de (http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230929835139&fromMakeTrack=true&ssPageName=VIP:watchlink:top:de)

Anyone got any wisdom to share?  If anyone knows what the original part number for the K7 wiring loom that would be handy too.

Jamie
Title: Re: CB750K7 Wiring Loom
Post by: BigAl (Alan) on June 12, 2013, 09:16:20 AM
Hi Jamie

The K7 wiring loom had  4/6 way block connectors within the head light housing. The one you are looking at is for  the earlier K's
Have a look at cmsnl.com  The looms have no part no's but clearly show the different connectors

Alan
Title: Re: CB750K7 Wiring Loom
Post by: ginger_jim on June 14, 2013, 08:05:56 AM
Hi Al, thanks for your reply.  Does anyone know of a company/individual who will make a loom for me, ideally in the south west?

Cheers
Title: Re: CB750K7 Wiring Loom
Post by: Bryanj on June 14, 2013, 04:25:44 PM
Making a one off will cost hundreds mate!!
Title: Re: CB750K7 Wiring Loom
Post by: hairygit on June 14, 2013, 06:00:32 PM
You could possibly use one from a K6 and change the connectors on your h/bar switchgear, everything else looks the same on the diagram, but if anyone  know for sure Bryan J will
Title: Re: CB750K7 Wiring Loom
Post by: Bitsa (Ralph Wright - RIP) on June 14, 2013, 07:41:05 PM
Ginger Jim,
You replied to a post I made saying I could have your old one after you fitted the new one you had.What happened mate you did not get or what.I have looked on all my best shot sites and not listed anymore.Can you not repair the one you have?Do not worry as I said I just wanted a loom for future repairs if the need arose.
All the best
Bitsa
Title: Re: CB750K7 Wiring Loom
Post by: Bryanj on June 14, 2013, 07:51:36 PM
Dave Silver http://www.davidsilverspares.co.uk/CB750K2-FOUR-1972/part_105167/

Modify the switches to fit
Title: Re: CB750K7 Wiring Loom
Post by: ginger_jim on June 15, 2013, 04:03:09 PM
Thanks Bryan, I think Ill give that a go!

Hi Bitsa, no mate you can still have it, im a man of my word ;), ill just have to get my loom sorted first and want to keep it as a guide.  My intention is to replace the regulator and rectifier with a combined unit and fit an electronic ignition.  I figure its money well spent to have a new loom as if theres one thing I hate is spaghetti junction wiring and trying to find a dodgy connector in 36 year old brittle loom!

Frames powder coated and engine is in the process of being rebuilt so hopefully shouldnt be too long before I start on the electrics.

Cheers, Jamie



 
Title: Re: CB750K7 Wiring Loom
Post by: Bryanj on June 15, 2013, 05:08:47 PM
Do remember that the early loom only has one fuse plus the starter button and horn work differently, all can be done and I can tell you how if you post pictures of the wires from both LH and RH switches
Title: Re: CB750K7 Wiring Loom
Post by: Bitsa (Ralph Wright - RIP) on June 15, 2013, 07:39:32 PM
Jim,
No worries mate when your ready is fine Bryan is right on my bike because of the high bars the f1 ones are fine as the bar switches connect under the tank so the wires are long enough.As Bryan says you can connect most stuff to work.On the USA eBay there is a guy selling a loom very cheap for the k3,4,5 but the part number is different to the k2 and k6.I have posted on the sister site with no answers as yet because these models only went there.Back in the 70s my k2 switches were different to the k6 because Honda added safety features like the clutch switch,neutral and later if I am right side stand switch.Cant remember for sure but hopefully my comments might bring some reaction from others
Hope you solve all
Cheers
Bitsa