Honda-SOHC
SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB750 => Topic started by: neat street on June 13, 2013, 06:40:03 PM
-
Hi All
I am new to this forum, and am in need of some assistance please. I need a seat for my 1976 CB750 F, there is one on e-bay from a 1979 model, but I am not sure if this would be correct for the bike? it comes with the rear plastic cover which is also good as mine has a break in it. can anyone help please.
many thanks
john
-
No, it wont fit directly, the 79 bike will be a dohc model. CB750 F1 and F2 seats are the same base though, although I seem to recall they had different patterning on the cover, but since you sit on it who cares unless you're going for total originality. Think I've got a couple of spare tail bits for F1s buried somewhere in the shed, I'll have a hunt around for them
-
Thanks for your help, I have the original foam in good condition, so if the base is the same, I can fit the foam and a new cover so all will be as `original` as can be?
-
I'm talking about 75-78 750F1/F2 SOHC models using the same base, I'm sure the dohc one will be different. Is your current seat base beyond repair? Check out e-bay item no 171055264164, it's an F2 SOHC seat, but the foam has been messed with, use your foam and a new cover it will be perfect, it's got the tail bit as well, but finishes in just over 4 hrs, is at £25 with no bids on it yet
-
Hi John i have a nice condition 1976 F1 Supersport seat i dont need anymore i could send you some pics if you like ??
I would want much for it.
Its red in colour by the way ??
Regards
-
Thanku for both for your help, I am interested in the seat please, the colour of the rear is not important as I will repaint the whole bike anyway. Chrome bits gone to chrome yesterday (12 weeks wait) please can you email me with some pics and price, I live near Clacton on Sea (Essex) so maybe would need to post? or can arrange for courier??
Many thanks again
John
-
No probs John I'll need a email address which you can pm me if that's OK ???
Cheers
-
hi, my e-mail address is streetdella@aol.com
many thanks again
John
-
Cheers mate I'll get some pics to you today !!!!