Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB750 => Topic started by: JB373 on June 18, 2013, 01:44:20 PM

Title: Front and rear hub offset
Post by: JB373 on June 18, 2013, 01:44:20 PM
I'm looking for any help in establishing hub offset. I have a 1971 K1 that although has some aftermarket alloy wheels (I believe from an F series - which will be for sale when I have sorted the spoked wheels) but included in the purchase where the original rims and hubs. I have now cleaned and powder coated these and rethreaded new spokes. I am now at the stage of truing them. Now the question is - what should the hub offset be - I think the front is probably central but if anyone knows for sure what it should be on both the front and back I would be very grateful for any help - thanks.
Title: Re: Front and rear hub offset
Post by: Bryanj on June 18, 2013, 04:37:38 PM
No offset on either wheel
Title: Re: Front and rear hub offset
Post by: Seamus on June 18, 2013, 06:28:00 PM
As Bryan said, no offset, Built mine centred and they were fine.
Title: Re: Front and rear hub offset
Post by: Bryanj on June 19, 2013, 06:17:02 AM
Not Japanese but some of the old British mate
Title: Re: Front and rear hub offset
Post by: JB373 on June 19, 2013, 08:49:39 PM
Thanks all for the answers - that makes things easier
Title: Re: Front and rear hub offset
Post by: Bryanj on June 20, 2013, 07:32:09 AM
Another thing is if you buy the proper spokes (or the DS kits) the spoke are exactly the right lenght which makes the truing easier