Honda-SOHC
SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB750 => Topic started by: cb750stu on June 18, 2013, 10:28:33 PM
-
Hi Folks got my new Generator wiring harness today and notice there are 3 yellow wires ??
I cant figure out what yellow wire goes where do the yellow wires just go in any of the yellow wire connections from the generator ???
Cheers im hopeless with wiring diagrams ::)
Regards,Stuart
-
I concur. Put simply the alternator has 3 output coils which all put out the same output, so it doesn't matter which goes to which, the rectifier turns them all from AC to DC the the regulator switches them in and out of circuit as required by the load on the circuit.
-
Not 100% true, The regulator alters the current flow to the inner winding thus altering the strength of the magnetic field which then alters the staotr output
-
Cheers folks for your help
Regards
-
I did say 'Put simply' Bryan ;D
-
You did mate and no offence ment but now I'm over 60 and still working 14 hour nights i recon I,m allowed a bit of pedantry and grumpiness before i go to bed!!
-
Didn't take any offence at all mate, us 'challenged in years' have earnt the right to do and say bloody anything in my book.
14 hour nights, jeez, couldn't do that, I dof my crash helmet to you
-
Just the way of transport nowadays, along with a £700 a month mortgage
-
You still delivering magazines Bryan? Or was it catalogues?
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
-
Magazines, catalogues, print paper, accolade wine, magners cider,inbev, Mars, premier foods,pets at home are just some of the contracts mate