Honda-SOHC

General => New Member Introductions => Topic started by: bomber on June 27, 2013, 01:19:37 PM

Title: Another new London member
Post by: bomber on June 27, 2013, 01:19:37 PM
Hello every one!
I'm in N16 London, bought a CB550 77 in a sorry state earlier this year.
Attempting to get it on the road with no luck so far  ;D

Got half of a garage so finally a place to work on it.
I' going to stick cleaned carbs back in next week, what this space...

I'm on the look out for a bits form air box at the moment...

Any one from around? Would love to see running CB :)

Title: Re: Another new London member
Post by: mickwinf on June 27, 2013, 03:46:00 PM
hi Bomber welcome to the forum. I guess your 550 is a k3 model, the airbox is a bit different to the early ones as they have a recirculating system to keep emissions down, they turn up on ebay quite often. Good luck with your rebuild, regards Mick
Title: Re: Another new London member
Post by: bomber on June 27, 2013, 04:25:49 PM
hi Bomber welcome to the forum. I guess your 550 is a k3 model, the airbox is a bit different to the early ones as they have a recirculating system to keep emissions down, they turn up on ebay quite often. Good luck with your rebuild, regards Mick

Hello it is 550F in papers it said 1976 but engin number indicate that it is 1977 F, i'm slightly confused.
I'm missing
spring no 5
all bottom parts 19-22
and top bits 10-11
Title: Re: Another new London member
Post by: UK Pete on June 27, 2013, 04:46:52 PM
Hi Bomber, welcome to the forum , there are many friendly members on here always willing tio give good advise, good luck with the bike
Pete
Title: Re: Another new London member
Post by: mickwinf on June 27, 2013, 10:45:42 PM
that system looks the same as the k3. some parts are still available but ebay the best bet.
Title: Re: Another new London member
Post by: stuartni on June 28, 2013, 10:04:51 AM
welcome  ;D