Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB350/400 => Topic started by: Thedodge on July 06, 2013, 10:52:15 AM

Title: Are you near west london?
Post by: Thedodge on July 06, 2013, 10:52:15 AM
Hi folks! I am looking for a 400-4 owner near to me. I need to have a look at a complete bike to help with my project. If you don't mind me having a butchers at your bike, let me know. Thanks.
Title: Re: Are you near west london?
Post by: tom400f on July 06, 2013, 10:18:45 PM
Probably easier if you ask people to post pictures of specific areas may be?
Title: Re: Are you near west london?
Post by: Thedodge on July 18, 2013, 02:12:52 PM
Thanks for that. I use a K1100 beemer as my everyday ride, needs a bit of TLC due to its age. I have to say that any tiny little problem posted on the appropriate forum (K1100OG) always brings floods of friendly, helpful advice. This forum, however, is at the opposite end of the scale. 400 four owners must be a pretty miserable bunch of folks as after my first post i got 1 reply from someone apologising for the lack of replies. second post also one reply. I went to Wooburn Green Motorcycles and met a really friendly chap called Mike Wetherall. They restore these bikes and he was more than willing to let me have a look for reference. In short, come on guys and gals, cheer up, pucker up and make the forum what it should be.
Title: Re: Are you near west london?
Post by: tom400f on July 18, 2013, 03:27:36 PM
Really sorry about that. I repied to your original request, but after that I noticed it was a double-post (doubtless a forum bug or such).

I was a bit tardy I'll admit but I've posted lots of 400F pictures as a rule. Mine is very original and unrestored so its good as a reference model.

I'm in Watford, so not so far away, but she's not on the road yet, though all together and running nicely. I'll gladly post pics of anything you might want.

Apologies once again - I've always found this a friendly forum  :)

PS
http://www.sohc.co.uk/index.php?topic=5325.msg26023#msg26023
Title: Re: Are you near west london?
Post by: Bryanj on July 18, 2013, 04:38:11 PM
You did specificaly ask for an Owner near to you and not all members log in every day, I only answer the questions i Know the answers to and given specific questions, as an ex honda dealer mechanic may have been able to help.
Title: Re: Are you near west london?
Post by: ka-ja on July 18, 2013, 07:24:18 PM
Hi,
   I agree with Bryanj, I don't think its a sign our being miserable, there was no point personally replying to a local request when I am 170 miles away with only the one machine under a rebuild, also I don't log in every day.
     However, welcome to the forum, and I hope you have gained the answer to your 400/4 reference, there is a good pool of knowledge on here which is always freely given
Title: Re: Are you near west london?
Post by: meerkat on July 19, 2013, 07:16:24 AM
However, welcome to the forum, and I hope you have gained the answer to your 400/4 reference, there is a good pool of knowledge on here which is always freely given
Yes I agree, a knowledgeable and very helpful, friendly group on here.  :) :)