Honda-SOHC
General => New Member Introductions => Topic started by: busa on July 09, 2013, 07:32:38 PM
-
Hi every one. and thanks steve for sorting out registration.
I live in warrington Cheshire. My ride was a 2002 busa derestricted. with custom paint job (rizla Gp) done by myself.
I have raced bikes, aswell. for years. until two years ago bad crash stopped me getting back onto bike. and can no longer ride
I am in the middle of building, from the ground up 77 CB550 K3. hate to say it café racer.. its on going lost of work already done and still lots to do.. will post pics as we go.
I also do a lot of race replica paint work.. and make all my own decals. so hope you enjoy my future posts
many thanks for having me on here.
just a couple of pics for starters
(http://i1348.photobucket.com/albums/p729/busa015/Photo0434_zpsc241c691.jpg) (http://s1348.photobucket.com/user/busa015/media/Photo0434_zpsc241c691.jpg.html)
(http://i1348.photobucket.com/albums/p729/busa015/Photo0476_zpsa6768357.jpg) (http://s1348.photobucket.com/user/busa015/media/Photo0476_zpsa6768357.jpg.html)
-
Welcome. So you can't ride at all now? :-[
-
welcome over here Colin I will check if I have some of the cam end caps, pretty sure I have, regards Mick
-
okay mick many thanks
-
just thought would give you all a little viewing of my BUSA before I sold her
(http://i1348.photobucket.com/albums/p729/busa015/BUSA-24_zpsa0386473.jpg) (http://s1348.photobucket.com/user/busa015/media/BUSA-24_zpsa0386473.jpg.html)
-
Blimey what's that rear wheel / swing arm combo on the 550? Looks like a cbr600? Planning the same for the front end?
-
yeah mate sure am. cbr600 f2 swing arm and 600 f2 full front end (forks yokes wheel brakes. the cbr600 f2 head stock bearing are the same size as cb550 k3
swing arm does fit but with slight modification, and options what to do with the pivot bolt. that is a task in its self.
I went with doing a mono shock conversion. taking everything from the cbr 600 geometry wise onto 550, but had to go back to the twins as in pic. couldn't get carbs in place, (looking now) think I prefer the twin shock set up. on the cbr swingarm.
-
Colin I had a look for cam end caps, but could only find one, if you want it send me a PM, regards Mick
-
Hi mick just want to double check that end cover you have is like these.
(http://i1348.photobucket.com/albums/p729/busa015/endcaps_zps36ca94e0.jpg) (http://s1348.photobucket.com/user/busa015/media/endcaps_zps36ca94e0.jpg.html)
-
yes exactly the same!