Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB750 => Topic started by: billy192 on July 11, 2013, 09:05:36 PM

Title: engine stand
Post by: billy192 on July 11, 2013, 09:05:36 PM
I have removed the engine from the frame and would like to bolt it in my engine stand. the only way I can see is to use the back two mounts ( the rear of the trans) :)

my question will the aluminium hold the weight and support the engine at only two rear points, is seems very heavy.
Billy
 ;D
Title: Re: engine stand
Post by: billy192 on July 14, 2013, 09:09:49 PM
Sorted

(http://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/cc393/njwill1/new/Projects/CB750K6/Top%20end%20strip/IMG_0681_zps7a92baf1.jpg) (http://s1209.photobucket.com/user/njwill1/media/new/Projects/CB750K6/Top%20end%20strip/IMG_0681_zps7a92baf1.jpg.html)

now I can strip the for rebore

(http://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/cc393/njwill1/new/Projects/CB750K6/Top%20end%20strip/IMG_0668_zpsd8a1332d.jpg) (http://s1209.photobucket.com/user/njwill1/media/new/Projects/CB750K6/Top%20end%20strip/IMG_0668_zpsd8a1332d.jpg.html)

Title: Re: engine stand
Post by: K2-K6 on July 15, 2013, 07:43:57 PM
That's a fair job you've done there Billy. I've seen as you described before with engines mounted just on the rear two mounts but never used one so don't know how secure they are.

It looks like you've given yourself  a stable platform to work on and allow good access to remove the topend.
Title: Re: engine stand
Post by: UK Pete on July 15, 2013, 08:34:51 PM
In the last picture it looks like it wants to go for walkies, well who's a good engne then
Title: Re: engine stand
Post by: billy192 on July 16, 2013, 08:40:33 AM
Pete,
it does doesn't it, dont call it rover thou.
 :-[
Title: Re: engine stand
Post by: UK Pete on July 16, 2013, 01:45:14 PM
He's not a canine but a k6 LOL
PETE