Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB750 => Topic started by: derekowen on July 29, 2013, 08:49:02 PM

Title: Cb750F2 SOHCExhaust
Post by: derekowen on July 29, 2013, 08:49:02 PM
Hi Folks,I'm new to the forum.Thought this would be the best way to share and receive advice on my 1977 CB750 Sohc Restoration project .
I am on the build up after a fantastic job powder coating my frame and brackets.Almost every nut and bolt are being replaced as i go along.Everything else is original,with lots being refurbished ,chromed ,i have great expectations on how this bike is going to look.
I am struggling to find a complete 4-1 exhaust system .Can anyone on the Forum point me in the right direction? Preferably in the UK.
                                                                               Cheers
Title: Re: Cb750F2 SOHCExhaust
Post by: Waggles on July 31, 2013, 07:19:21 AM
I have a Motad complete system on my F1. Generally OK but I did find it a bit fiddly to fit and the header pipes discolour if thats a problem to you ( haven't tried any specialist 'de blue' products on it as I quite like it to be honest, looks like she's been used! )
Title: Re: Cb750F2 SOHCExhaust
Post by: SteveD CB500K0 on July 31, 2013, 09:25:29 AM
I took a Motad system off my Rickman (when I owned it) and replaced it with a loud Laser exhaust.

I still have the Motad in the barn if you are interested.

Steve

Title: Re: Cb750F2 SOHCExhaust
Post by: derekowen on August 01, 2013, 07:12:08 PM
hi steve,yes i would be intersted in that :) Is the can in good nik??
                                                 derek
Title: Re: Cb750F2 SOHCExhaust
Post by: derekowen on August 01, 2013, 07:13:24 PM
Steve,you got  a contact number ?
Title: Re: Cb750F2 SOHCExhaust
Post by: derekowen on August 18, 2013, 09:58:00 PM
Still Looking for that Exhaust :(
Title: Re: Cb750F2 SOHCExhaust
Post by: Warthog1959 on August 20, 2013, 09:38:58 PM
Sorry U.S So Not sure if this will suffice, but would look and sound amazing. I had one of those motad exhausts and they came in 5 separate pieces. A right royal palava.

http://www.cb750cafe.com/products-page/cafe-parts/cb750-4-into-1-exhaust-sohc/
Title: Re: Cb750F2 SOHCExhaust
Post by: Rimmer on September 01, 2013, 11:23:42 PM
I'm also looking for an exhaust for my F1 - mine came with a Motad and I've been meaning to replace it. The sound just doesn't do justice to the bike.

There is one system available in Europe and that is the Marving Racing 4-1 system. I haven't bought it yet but I've seen it on this build and I think it looks awesome:
http://thebikeshed.cc/2013/08/19/pure-motorcycles-black-beauty/

You can buy it from these guys:
http://www.exactrep.com/acatalog/Honda2.html
Look at the bottom of the page it mentions something about requiring a manifold fitting kit.

Hope that helps!
Title: Re: Cb750F2 SOHCExhaust
Post by: Rimmer on September 03, 2013, 01:27:46 PM
Looking into the matter further  ;D and looking for the so-called manifold fitting kit, I called up the guys at Exactrep and then David Silver who told me that basically the kit comprises of a few pieces. See the diagram in the pic attached.

According to the guy at David Silver items 2, 3, 4 and 16 are necessary to fit a new Marving exhaust.

Unfortunately, item 2, the original exhaust joints are no longer available at DSS....

Title: Re: Cb750F2 SOHCExhaust
Post by: hairygit on September 03, 2013, 01:42:41 PM
The manifold kit as they call it is only necessary on engines up to and including the K6 model, your F1 will already be using those parts to hold the Motad on (assuming it IS an F1 engine in it!) ;D
Title: Re: Cb750F2 SOHCExhaust
Post by: Rimmer on September 03, 2013, 02:51:48 PM

Yes of course, that makes a lot of sense !

It does say F1 on my V5 but I will double check with the engine number  ;D

Cheers!
Title: Re: Cb750F2 SOHCExhaust
Post by: Bryanj on September 03, 2013, 03:15:58 PM
The original exhaust gaskets may me HLA but i bet DS has pattern ones that work fine, you will need a st
Title: Re: Cb750F2 SOHCExhaust
Post by: Rimmer on September 03, 2013, 03:52:12 PM
Sorry Bryan, could you clarify: HLA? st ?  :-\
Title: Re: Cb750F2 SOHCExhaust
Post by: Bryanj on September 03, 2013, 05:09:32 PM
Sorry mate damn dyslexic keyboard again!! You will need a set of 4 exhaust gaskets, reusing old ones rarely works when refitting original and never when fitting a different one
Title: Re: Cb750F2 SOHCExhaust
Post by: Rimmer on September 03, 2013, 05:55:55 PM
Much much clearer, will make sure to do that.

Cheers  8)