Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB350/400 => Topic started by: shaunc on July 30, 2013, 09:35:12 PM

Title: Spokes
Post by: shaunc on July 30, 2013, 09:35:12 PM
Had the carburetors on my 400/4 cleaned out the other day.  I must say running really well now. While I was there the mechanic who did it said that my rusty spokes would be an MOT failure.  He mentioned something about a wire brush.   Just wondering if I rub off the rust and crud whether that would be ok? Can't see how.

Any tips on sorting out spokes?
Title: Re: Spokes
Post by: Green1 on July 30, 2013, 10:03:40 PM
Spokes need to be seriously rusty,bent or loss to fail.If you run a spanner around them and they go ping it's a pass if it goes thud it will fail.
It is worth running a wire brush over them to see how deep the rust is.