Honda-SOHC
SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB750 => Topic started by: Green1 on August 04, 2013, 01:36:02 AM
-
Almost got the gold bike to a usable state and thought I would put the main stand on before I packed up tonight.I put the stand on in a mater of seconds pulled on the grab rail and crunch WTF ??? the frame broke >:( >:( So now i'm going to have to strip the bike yet again
engine out job ARHHHHH
-
Hey Green,
I reckon you were bloody lucky.....you might have instead ended up under a bus. Rename the thread?
Lobo
-
Where did it break?
-
Bad news Mick,Tell us more on what has actually broken
pete
-
It was my own fault really I didn't want to take the engine out as it run and looked alright so I just painted the frame around it.This is common practice when your a tightwad :-[ finally found the main stand so only just got around to fitting it but what I didn't realize is the tube that you bolt the stand too between the frame had rusted inside out around one of the welds.So as soon as any weight was on it the inevitable happened.Its now pushed tight against the back of the engine and I can't see how I would get a decent weld without striping it right down again.It's not all bad I will have to do it properly now.
I've not had much luck with anything mechanical recently I'm now without the green bike it's at Daytona designs :) :) so I thought I would dig the Triumph out anyone would think that was from the 70's by the amount of oil on my boots