Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB750 => Topic started by: Muddabikes on May 30, 2006, 05:29:59 PM

Title: Fuel Injecton
Post by: Muddabikes on May 30, 2006, 05:29:59 PM
Greetings All, I'm trying o put together something trick for the street and want to combine old tech with new. (I can hear the gnashing of teeth from here.) I've got a '71 with braced frame and 836 kit and what I'm planning is modern wheels, brakes and suspension. Probably fireblade or something similar. My question regards fuel injection. Has anyone heard of grafting fuel injection orf a blackbird or similar onto the mighty SOHC? Any thoughts appreciated.
Title: Re:Fuel Injecton
Post by: JonnyB on May 30, 2006, 06:41:18 PM
I'm planning somthing along similar line, more cafe, shortened, lowered, dual disc, drilled etc, but Fuel Injection, Mmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Would the FI from a K100 Beamer be better, it's more primitive.

actually I'm unsure of how fule gets into the bore, do fuel injected engine have inlet valves?
Title: Re:Fuel Injecton
Post by: CSAcavalry on July 23, 2006, 05:24:26 PM
Early bosch fi was pretty simple. Like on the Fiats etc...
For the sohc we'd need an injector on each carb, actually,
between the carb throttle body and the head on the intake runner.
So a piece of al could be fabbed with a port for the fuel injector.
The the carbs gutted and all that would be used would be the slides to meter air.
An electric fuel pump would be needed to supply the injectors.
Run through a fuel rail with a regulator that can handle about 40psi.
Then some kind of map or air flow meter to trigger the injectors for need fuel supply matched to air intake.

Megasquirt is an after market kit that is being used to set up
FI systems on older cars and I would think it could be done to the sohc.