Honda-SOHC

Other Stuff => Misc / Open => Topic started by: Piki on August 30, 2013, 10:15:18 AM

Title: Honda Four Service
Post by: Piki on August 30, 2013, 10:15:18 AM

Hello all, here you are this PDF, Perhaps is good for some member:


http://www.scribd.com/doc/164173182/Honda-4-Cylinder-Service
Title: Re: Honda Four Service
Post by: Bitsa (Ralph Wright - RIP) on August 30, 2013, 07:13:24 PM
Piki.
Over the years I have forgotten so much stuff and getting a 750 and joining this site my knowledge is returning in lumps.
After attending a Honda course in Chiswick London its all flooding back.If memory serves me right a full service for any four was four hours which I achieved in 2 hours and I did them right after they cooled down enough.
400/4S I could get them to go to the red line in top gear the speedo always said 110mph and I was no light weight.Once in my whole life albeit down hill I got my 750 off the clock and off the rev counter god knows how fast I was going but one of the blokes I worked with had a KO and he said 130 was obtainable with a Honda clock.I would never dream of trying to achieve this today but today she buzzed along at 80mph with no problem and wanted to go further.The key with these old Honda's as it was then is to keep them regular serviced and to take in all the short journeys you have done.Hope this helps
Cheers
Bitsa
Title: Re: Honda Four Service
Post by: SteveD CB500K0 on August 30, 2013, 08:35:40 PM
My room-mate at Uni (1977) was nicked for 106mph on the M23 on his 400/4. He was real proud!
Title: Re: Honda Four Service
Post by: SteveD CB500K0 on August 30, 2013, 08:41:25 PM
Found a picture of it!

Oulton Park 1979
Title: Re: Honda Four Service
Post by: tom400f on August 30, 2013, 10:10:21 PM
Steve

Fantastic picture! I'd say your mate's 400F is fitted with a Dunstall exhaust (popular at the time and a nice note)
Title: Re: Honda Four Service
Post by: Yoshi823 on September 04, 2013, 11:08:29 AM
Crikey...I remember those 'Hondastyle' fairings  :)

Had one fitted to my 750F2 special...until the dreaded diesel spill wrecked it  >:(
Title: Re: Honda Four Service
Post by: SteveD CB500K0 on September 04, 2013, 01:14:01 PM
Do you remember the Hondastyle jackets?

That one was red, white and blue horizontal stripes. We all hated it but Ian (pictured) thought it was the height of cool...
Title: Re: Honda Four Service
Post by: mick on September 04, 2013, 10:34:45 PM
I remember Oulton Park looking like that in the early 80's went to watch a mate proddy racing on a lc 350 or it might have been on a ypvs 350, I was last there a couple of years ago with the kettle club and its changed a bit now  ;) cheers Mick.
Title: Re: Honda Four Service
Post by: Bryanj on September 05, 2013, 07:37:56 AM
You need to listen to the Blaster Bates story on the naming of knicker brook