Honda-SOHC
SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB750 => Topic started by: Warthog1959 on September 01, 2013, 09:30:38 PM
-
Hi,
Does anyone know of a compatible side stand that is a couple of inches or so longer than stock. I have quite a Lean on my F2 and now I have fitted shocks that are 1" or so longer the lean is even more. Any other solutions appreciated.
Simon
-
Check the forks on the sidestand are not bent. Check the hole that the bolt goes through is not enlarged and finally check your sidestand isn't bent. :)
-
Well there is some back and forward movement of the side stand even when the bolt is fully tightened. But not enough to require another 2" in length. This side stand is stubby to say the least.
No sign of any other bending.
What is the solution when the hole has enlarged? this frame has recently been powder coated.
-
I would think drill it larger and put a sleeve in.
-
You don't need much play in the stand to get massive lean angles The bolt hole on my dads trophy is less than a thou over size and you have to place a two inch block under it to raise the bike to were it should be.Don't forget to check the condition of the bolt they can where quite a bit.
-
Amazing really, Thanks, I'll give it my attention and see what happens. This forum is first class by the way, the knowledge base is huge.
-
I fitted CBX1000Z forks & shocks to my CB750F2 & kept the standard sidestand without any problems. It did lean over more but not dramatically.