Honda-SOHC
SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB750 => Topic started by: Rapidus Maximus on June 05, 2006, 01:32:04 AM
-
I just recently bought my first motorcycle - a 1977 Honda CB750K which was a little ravaged by time - for $500. The CB had a Vetter fairing which I took off to reveal a wiring harness that was completely hacked apart. Bought a new battery and charged it. It wasn't in running condition but I could put the key in, turn it on, and it'd try to fire up and the lights and horn worked. Cleaned the carburetors out, still wouldnt start. Checked the spark plugs and cranked the engine several times, no spark. Next looked to see if everything was just plugged in, started with the coil which was fine, worked my way to the area near the fuses which were fine also. Tried starting it up again and nothing... complete silence; horn and lights no longer work either. I'm completely lost and am really frustrated over my new electrical problem that has developed. Does anybody have any advice for me? Also... what are the pieces in the picture attached? They were just in the back not connected to anything the entire time. (http://www.honda-sohc.co.uk/components/com_joomlaboard/uploaded/images/DSC00727.JPG)
-
Hi RM, welcome to the site,
The pieces you are holding are cable ties for holding the wireing loom against the frame under the seat and tank.
If your loom has been hacked about your in for fun, get a wiring diagram and check the earth points.
Good luck
John
-
Well... in my frustration I just jiggled some of the wires aggressively and now the starter works again, hooray! I believe the next problem I encountered was while looking at the points, I'm going to replace those and the condensers while I'm at it then see what happens. Until I get a hold of some new ones, I've been dismantling the front wheel and disk brake... the pad for the caliper that contains the piston does not want to come out; but the person I bought it from mentioned something about the brake being stuck. That brings up my next question though. How do I take the bearing retainer off the wheel? Is it a left-handed thread? Do I just stick a screw driver in the grooves and hammer away?